Time & Location
Dec 04, 2021, 5:00 PM – Jan 01, 2022, 9:00 PM
About The Event
Join the fun and register your house for Light Up Monroe! Great prizes and the chance to be featured in the Monroe Holiday Spectacular --- Monroe's annual holiday special.
- Participation is open to residents within the Town of Monroe, CT.
- $25 donation to register. Proceeds used to build the Wolfe’s Den Playground at Wolfe Park.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore only those
- decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos or videos of their decorated residence exterior sent to Monroe Playground Foundation to be published on the website and social media.
- Judging criteria will include Originality, Arrangement and Theme in each award category.
- Participants authorize their address being published on a map to be widely distributed via social media
- Participants will have a numbered sign placed on their property to allow easier voting
- Entry registration must be completed by 11:59pm on November 28th
- Lights must be operational by December 4th.
- Team of independent judges will review houses from December 4th through December 19th
- People’s choice online voting will commence on December 6th through 11:59pm on December 19th
- Winners will be announced at a virtual event on December 23rd
- Participants should have their displays operational from December 4th through December 31st, from 6-9pm on weekdays and 6-11pm on weekends, except during rain or inclement weather.
- Clark Griswold Award – You can never have too many lights.
- Santa’s Favorite – Best display that has an organized appearance or theme
- Frosty’s (Snowy's?) Best – Best use of holiday characters (Frosty/Santa/Mrs. Claus/Rudolph etc.)
- Best use of non-lighting decoration – Holiday wreaths, ribbons, bows, etc.
- Best use of animation or inflatables – Lights and music that bring your display to life.
- Classic Christmas - your vision of what a “classic” Christmas display might be
- People’s Choice – Online voting for people’s favorites
Special award for the house that raises the most funds for the building of the Wolfe’s Den Playground build!